Top 10 Places in the World to Eat Ice Cream
We love nothing more than world class ice cream and our love of ice cream has allowed us to travel a lot and try some of the best ice cream in the world. From classic ice cream shops to innovative gelato bars, these are the top 10 places in the world to indulge in a scoop (or two) of your favorite frozen treat.
10. Gelateria dei Gracchi, Rome, Italy – With its creamy and rich gelato, it's no surprise that Rome is home to some of the best ice cream in the world. And at Gelateria dei Gracchi, you'll find a huge selection of flavors made with the freshest ingredients.
9. Milkcraft, Connecticut, USA – This innovative ice cream shop is known for its made-to-order liquid nitrogen ice cream, which is creamy and smooth. With a constantly changing menu of unique flavors, there's always something new to try at Milkcraft
8. Fenocchio, Nice, France – For a truly memorable ice cream experience, head to Fenocchio in Nice, France. Set on the French Riveira, just off the Promenade des Anglais, Fenocchio is a must visit but be prepared to queue!
7. Ispahan, Paris, France – Located in the heart of Paris, Ispahan is a must-visit for ice cream lovers. Known for its exotic flavors like rose and lychee, each scoop at Ispahan is a true indulgence.
6. Milk Bar, New York City, USA – With its unique flavors and creative toppings, Milk Bar has become a New York City institution. From cereal milk ice cream to compost cookie dough, there's something for everyone at this trendy spot.
5. Il Gelato di San Crispino, Rome, Italy – Another Rome gem, Il Gelato di San Crispino is known for its high-quality ingredients and unique flavors like chestnut and chocolate truffle.
4. The Ice Cream Bar, San Francisco, USA – Step back in time at The Ice Cream Bar, a vintage-inspired ice cream shop in San Francisco. With its classic sodas and old-fashioned sundaes, this spot is a true throwback.
3. Morato, Madrid, Spain – With its creamy and rich textures, the ice cream at Morato in Madrid is a true indulgence. Be sure to try their signature flavor, dulce de leche.
2. Glace, Vienna, Austria – For a sophisticated ice cream experience, head to Glace in Vienna. Known for its elegant presentation and flavors like earl grey and lavender, each scoop at Glace is a true treat.
1. Caffe Cream of New Brighton - We may be biased here but there is no changing our mind that Caffe Cream is the best place in the world to indulge in small batch, handmade, award winning ice cream. We have a choice of 36 flavours and enviable views over the Marine Lake and out to the River Mersey and Liverpool. All of our ice cream is made with locally sourced ingredients, using traditional Italian small batch production methods in our ice cream lab in Wallasey, Wirral.